Undeniable by KC Kendricks

Undeniable


(excerpt edited to PG13)
Contemporary gay romance

With a summer storm threatening to ruin his Friday afternoon, Asa Burton packs his briefcase and bolts for home before the driving gets dangerous. On the interstate, stuck behind an accident, he regrets his decision until he sees Ford Weston standing along the side of the road talking to a police officer.

Ford Weston can’t believe his luck, bad and good. First, his car gets clipped on the tail end of an accident, and then none other than Asa Burton pulls over and offers him a ride home. Coming face-to-face with the biggest regret of his life leaves Ford off-balance. He screwed up with Asa all those years ago. It was his fault the relationship ended.

Asa can’t believe he’s found Ford again, so why is he angry with himself? Could it be because Ford walked out on him without a word seventeen years ago and he did nothing to stop him? Asa’s sure of only one thing – Fate just handed him a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to win back Ford. 

INTRO:
It felt like he was on hold forever even though it was only a few seconds. Lord, he was going to screw this up somehow. He almost dropped his phone when Asa answered.
“Hello, Ford.”
“Asa. I, um, hope you don’t mind me calling.” Boy, that was slick.
“No, no. Not at all. What can I do for you?”
Ford took a breath in the hope of steadying himself. He hated to sound stupid and he was certain he did.
“Would you have time to see me today? You know, as a lawyer.”
There was a slight pause before Asa replied. “May I ask what this is about?”
Crap. Did that mean Asa would only see him for business? It was time he admitted to himself he wanted a lot more than that.
“I landed a big job today. Actually, it’s the most important job I’ve ever gotten. I need a good lawyer to look over the contract. I thought – I hoped you’d agree to look it over.”
“Is that all you want, Ford?”
Was that a note of hope in Asa’s quiet voice or did he want to believe it so badly he imagined it?
Ford closed his eyes and saw a younger Asa sprawled naked on his bed, the golden candlelight flickering across the white globes of his virgin buttocks. Asa had trusted him and for at least that one night, he hadn’t let Asa down.
“No, Asa. I need to see you.”

EXCERPT:

Asa rested his hand on Ford’s knee. “Satisfy my curiosity. Who’s going to make the first move?”
He grinned as Ford put his arm around his shoulders.
“That’s how you moved in on me the first time. I was sitting on the sofa talking to friends and you plopped down beside me. Then you put your arm around me and asked me if I wanted to get naked.”
“I was smooth in those days, wasn’t I?”
Asa laughed. “You were one horny bastard and you were on the prowl.”
He sobered as Ford stroked his cheek with trembling fingers then ran his thumb over his lips. “Asa, I’d have never jumped you like that if I’d known you were so inexperienced.”
He was surprised to hear the regret in Ford’s voice.
“I was shaking like a leaf in my frat-boy sneakers when I walked out the door with you. You were the answer to my big problem, you know. I was desperate to lose my virginity but just any guy wouldn’t do. I wanted a real stud for the job.”
“I’m glad you chose me.”
Asa set his beer down. It was the second one today he wasn’t going to finish. He turned and put his arms around Ford’s neck. There was one thing he knew would move them past uncertainty. He pressed his lips to Ford’s.
Ford was still for a moment then his lips parted. Past and present merged for Asa as the memory of those long ago shared kisses blended with the feel of Ford’s warm mouth moving under his. Now was all that mattered. His groin tightened as he shifted forward and Ford went down beneath him.
Never breaking the kiss Asa worked his hands under Ford’s shirt to caress bare skin. He was full and hard when Ford slipped his hand down the back of his pants to squeeze his ass. Inside him, little muscles twitched with the memory of the first time Ford had him, of the burn as Ford went into him. He’d spun into a white-hot heat he’d never found with anyone else. Asa kissed the throbbing vein in Ford’s neck.
“We have too many clothes on.”
Ford stroked the back of his head. “You cut your gorgeous hair.”
“It was time.” Asa raised up enough to look at him. Ford’s pupils had gone wide and black and Asa wondered if his eyes looked the same. He ran his fingers through Ford’s dark locks.
“I wanted the senior partners to take me seriously. That wasn’t going to happen looking like a wannabe singer in a boy band.”
“I get it, but it really surprises me you’d do it. Are you ready to take this to the bedroom?”
“Oh, yeah. I’ve changed some, Ford.”
“So have I. Let me up.”
“One more for the road.”
“The bedroom - ”
Asa cut Ford off as he kissed him. Ford met him, thrusting his tongue in Asa’s mouth in a mock taking. In response, Asa flexed his hips against Ford’s. He silently damned the layers of fabric between them and shifted sideways to drop onto his knees and rock back on his heels.
“Which way?”
“Upstairs.”

Available at Amazon

Available at iTunes

Available at Barnes & Noble/NOOK

Available at Kobo


KC Kendricks
http://www.twitter.com/kckendricks
www.pinterest.com/kckendricks
www.facebook.com/kckendricks



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: