Red by Tracey H. Kitts


The following is an unedited Excerpt from Red, Book one in the Lilith Mercury: Werewolf Hunter Series by Tracey H. Kitts. Available Now From New Concepts Publishing.


Putting down my pin, I looked up at the moon. It was half full, peeking from the clouds like a large silvery eye. I had always heard that “the crazies” come out on a full moon. The truth was, they were always out, some of them were just more dangerous on a full moon.

I walked to the edge of the balcony and nearly fell backward when I looked over the roses. Marco was standing under the balcony, looking up expectantly.

“Little pig, little pig,” he began.

I couldn’t help but laugh. “That won’t get you anywhere. Besides, I waxed my chin.”

He laughed then too and the sound sent shivers up my spine.

“What are you doing here, Marco?”

“I wanted to talk to you.”

“Why?”

“Can’t I come in?” he asked, the deep and sexy rumble of his voice did things to me that I couldn’t describe.

“No, you can’t.”

“Don’t you trust me, Red?” he said, pretending to be offended.

“No, I don’t,” I answered, but I couldn’t stop the smile.

“But you like me.” It wasn’t a question.

“I could have you killed for standing here.”

“But you won’t.”

Marco knew I wouldn’t kill him, not that night, not for just standing there. He stepped back slightly, and I got a better look at one of the sexiest men I’d ever seen. I’ve never seen anyone look so good in a pair of jeans. They weren’t tight, but they fit well enough that you knew what you were looking at, and I felt guilty for looking. Alfred hadn’t been gone a day, and there I was ogling Marco, again.

“No,” I said after a long pause, “I won’t have you killed, but I don’t feel like conversation tonight either.”

“Well, I didn’t feel like conversation when you cuffed me to the chair.”

A smile curved my lips as I purred silkily, “Well, I don’t feel like sex either.”

The smile he gave me was nothing short of charming, as he responded, “You know where to find me.”

“Yes.” Unfortunately, I did, which made it more tempting to seek him out, I thought with a smile as I watched Marco disappear into the woods.

Red is the first book in my Lilith Mercury Werewolf Hunter Series. Available now at www.newconceptspublishing.com/red.htm.

Tracey
Red - "She's torn between the man who saved her humanity and the one who makes her want to embrace the beast."
There's still time to enter my Valentine's Scavenger Hunt! Details are on my website's News page.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: