Bourbon & Blues by KC Kendricks

Bourbon and Blues
The Men of Marionville series

Griffith Ernde missed his father’s funeral because he was drunk. When he made it to the cemetery, the gates closed with him on the inside. Griff ends up in a cell at the local precinct house charged with trespassing, and with no way to salvage the day. No doubt about, it’s a personal low in his life. Then his luck changed when Kory Watts joined him in the cell.

Kory Watts has a knack for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. Stood up on a blind date at a local club, Kory gets swept up in a drug raid and lands in a cell with an inebriated stranger. When his drug test comes back clean, the duty sergeant offers Kory a deal: if he takes Griff home, they both can go with no charges. It’s not a deal Kory will refuse.

When Kory and Griff meet again, they agree to have a drink - of ice water. Neither man judges the other and it’s quickly apparent they share an attraction. As their budding relationship heats up, Kory wonders if he’s ready to get serious with a guy he just met no matter how well suited to each other they are. When Griff is suddenly charged with the murder of his father, Kory is ready to move heaven and earth to help prove him innocent, but it might not be enough to save what’s between them.

INTRO

Friday morning finally arrived. I sent a text to Griff, just to check in, and he sent back everything was set. At five minutes to twelve, I got a one-word text from him.

Nooner?

I didn’t even think about it before I sent my reply.

Hell, yeah.

I hit the off switch on my laptop and yelled for Leon. He appeared in the doorway.

“What’s up, other than your voice?”

I rolled my eyes at him. “I hate to ask you again, but can you close up this afternoon?”

“Sure. Smoke loves to sneak in here and sleep in your chair.”

“Of course he does. Thanks, man. I owe you.”

He grinned. “I’ll cash in my marker the day before the Smithfield Agility Trials.”

“Done! See ya Monday.” I didn’t wait for him to reply. I was out the door and into my car, headed to Griff’s place. Ten minutes later I parked my car beside his.

I was already hard and aching for him. He opened the door before I could knock. I stepped inside and he grabbed me around the waist and backed me against the refrigerator. I cupped the back of his head and pulled him in for a rough kiss. Things got a bit fuzzy as we kissed, nibbled, and yanked at clothing. He tucked his fingers under my belt and pulled me to his bedroom. We landed on the bed.

I rolled him beneath me. “Hey, Griff. Hello. Good to see you. Thanks for asking me over.”

He wrapped his legs around my hips and squeezed. “Screw the pleasantries.”


EXCERPT

And what was up with that little smile on his face? I tossed a throw pillow at him.

He threw it back. “Why don’t you come over here and sit beside me?”

“I’m good right here, thanks.”

He sighed. “I’m lonely.”

“Well, we can’t have that, can we? I mean, what if you start to whine?” I moved a few inches closer to him.

He patted his lap. “You could sit here.”

Actually, I rather liked that idea. I could play easy to get. “You could back the train up.”

“Kory, you’re killing me here.”

“Okay. We can’t have that.” I slid over to sit beside him, keeping a few inches between us. I knew where this was headed.

Griff stretched out his arm along the back of the couch, not touching me. “Better, don’t you think?”

I bumped against him. “Much.”

He moved to put his arm around me. We stared at each other. I wondered if my gaze held the same speculation I saw in his. Did he see that I wouldn’t tell him no? Was he equally nervous about making the move? One of us had to do it. I leaned in and kissed him.

His lips opened and moved over mine. Every nerve in my body lit up like a light. I couldn’t breathe as arousal shrieked through me. My balls tingled. My cock swelled full and hard in just a few pounding heartbeats.

Griff jerked away to stare at me with eyes gone wide and black. He licked his lips, twice. “This might be a colossal mistake, but I have a television in the bedroom. You’re panting.”

“So what? You’re drooling.”

He swiped his fingertips across his mouth and then scowled at me.

I grinned and held my hand out to him. “Lead the way.”

He switched off the TV and took my hand. I grabbed my glass of cola knowing I’d need a drink later. He nodded and picked up his before leading me back a short hallway to his darkened bedroom. Very little light came in around the blackout blind and the heavy drape.

Griff ran his hand along my arm. He must have noticed what I was looking at. “There’s a streetlight right outside that ruins my sleep, but we can let in some sunlight if you want.”

“I want to see you.”

He nodded and pushed the drape to the side. “Enough?”

“Yep.” I reached out and pulled his shirt free of his jeans.

“Wait,” he murmured as he tucked the silver cross beneath his turtleneck. A moment later I had the garment over his head and tossed on the dresser.


BOURBON AND BLUES
Available now at

Amazon
www.amazon.com/Bourbon-Blues-Men-Marionville-Book-ebook/dp/B06W9GXLVB/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486901147&sr=8-2&keywords=kc+Kendricks

iTunes
itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1203118825

Barnes and Noble
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bourbon-and-blues-kc-kendricks/1125699864?ean=2940154209172

Kobo
www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/bourbon-and-blues

KC Kendricks
http://www.twitter.com/kckendricks
www.pinterest.com/kckendricks
www.facebook.com/kckendricks

mailing list: betweenthekeys-subscribe@yahoo.com

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: